Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Look in the Bedroom

I am contemplating a new bedroom look for this coming year.  My walls are an elephant gray with white trim, and I really don't feel like repainting just yet.  I am definitely going to change the floors to all wood early spring.  In the meantime, I figured a new duvet is quite the harmless update with quite a lot of power.

Duvets sets are the best things invented to bedding when it comes to storage and affordability.  So here are my choices so far, and some may require re-painting.  Meh.  I figure I can go very monochromatic with a simple gray, but I want to consider some prints and color as well.

Coconut Grove Embroidered Floral Bed Linen: A beautiful bed of embroidered and appliqued stylized flowers and leaves in striking cobalt blue on a crisp white with a blue cover stitch detail.  I am really in love with the casual intricacy of this piece.

I've never been a huge fan of yellows, but I am of greens and neutrals. This leads me to my next pic which is a bit more modern with understated color. Naturally, the gray would have to go for the Echo Abstract Palm Duvet which is tan with Cress Green.

Speaking of green, but for a completely different turn on things, I am kind of digging on this updated '70s look.  I like the colors and the updated flower power.

Then again, all color aside, there is always the beautiful and ethereal Hotel look.  I love this look.  Hey, I love traveling when I can, and the hotel look would suit me just fine at home.  If I'm dreaming, don't pinch me.  Imagine losing yourself in abundant clean white cotton sheets and comforter with fluffy pillows.  Very peaceful.

My choices are definitely not set in stone yet, and as you can see, I am a bit everywhere.  Which would you choose?  Would you choose any of these? With so many choices, it gets overwhelming.  The beauty of duvets, is that you can change them out or mix and match with solid colored sheets and pillows and other prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment