Friday, December 23, 2011

Another great read from the AGS Shelf

I just picked up a book on my quest to communicate better with a friend, and it is a great read so far.  It's from the self-help section of my library.

I have been trying to explain to a girlfriend methods of release, self-worth, acceptance, etc. I haven't been very successful in my opinion, as it has lead her to think I mean being submissive and wearing pink 24/7. Enter, Gabrielle Bernstein and her book, "Spirit Junkie". The heavens opened up as I started reading. This is it , this is the book that will perfectly communicate what I couldn't bring across (I hope).

"Spirit Junkie", Gabrielle Bernstein


Former New York Publicist turned author/motivational speaker, Gabrielle Bernstein, has been dubbed the new "Carrie Bradshaw" of this next generation of 30-somethings. She has practiced the Course in Miracles Program, and her book was received with great reviews by the New York Times, Elle Magazine and others.  The book includes a forward by Marianne Williamson.

This is the read for you if you think you are seeking happiness and inspiration in all the wrong places: in relationships, your career, money, shoes, drinks, drugs and/or night clubs. It's one New Yorker's story of how she now finds true happiness.

Definitely a permanent fixture in my library for whenever I need to get the point across again.

No comments:

Post a Comment