Friday, December 16, 2011

What are you reading?

The chilly weather makes me want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a nice cup of coffee or tea. I usually love books recommended to me by other readers. I would love to know what books you are currently reading or have recently read. Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Interim, these books have caught my attention.

 Not because I'm a reality junkie...Bethenny Frankel really puts it out there with this book.  She takes us from her dysfunctional upbringing to her empowering journey through dating and her career.  This book is very helpful and can be considered a low cost therapy self-help session via Bethenny Fankel.  I commend her for reaching out with her story while living on high street.  Not many would and do.  Of course add in her humor and sarcasm and you can hear Bethenny speaking to you.

 Tina Fey, Tina Fey!  This book is funny and motivational.  Her inspiring words and opinions have me laughing.  She puts it all out there too, and sums it all up in this book.  This book is a much lighter read than Bethenny's book, but equally entertaining.

Stephanie Madoff Mack appeared in People Magazine this October. I was moved by her story. Bernie Madoff from the Ponzi Scheme Scandal, is her father-in-law.  Mack’s story is heart-wrenching. She lived a privileged life, and then the unexpected happened.  Her father-in-law confessed he had stolen billions of dollars from his clients. Let down by his father, Mack’s husband, Mark Madoff, took his own life, while his infant son was in the next room. Stephanie Madoff Mack recounts her side of the story.  Very Karmic; it's eerie and touching.

My interests lie within reality, humor, and biographies if you can tell.  I would suggest reading the latter first, and then the humorous books to leave you in a positive place.

Have you read these books?  If so, what did you think?  What books would you recommend I read next? The AGS Bookshelf wants to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment